- 1 half of lime
- 15 leaves of mint
- 1 tablespoon of soft brown sugar
- 3 drops of Angostura Bitters
- 5 strawberry
- crushed ice
- 4 cl of Rum old
1. cut lime and strawberries in chunks.
2. add the leaves of fresh mint.
3. Muddle gently mint sprigs with sugar and lime chunks.
You can adjust the sugar quantity to your tastes.
4. Add rum, ice cubes or crushed ice and top up with soda water.
5. Serve with a straw.
Tips & tricks...
Garnished with sprig of mint leaves and a strawberry.
The Mojito is traditionally made of five ingredients: white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime, sparkling water and mint. The original Cuban recipe uses spearmint or "Yerba buena", a much lighter mint variety very popular in the island. Its combination of sweetness, refreshing citrus and mint flavors are intended to complement the potent kick of the rum, and have made this clear highball a popular summer drink.