- Only one account per person is permitted on Sweet Cocktails.
- When registering, a valid email address has to be used. Disposable email addresses are not permitted. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- Domain names in login names are not allowed. If found, we will remove the account in question.
- The forum of Sweet Cocktails is centered on Cocktails, bartending skills methods and accessories.
This is not a place to promote ideological, religious, or political matters. All such discussions will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- No advertising is permitted at all.
- Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam will be removed.
NO SPAM - NO ADVERTISING.
Eg. Posting and making excessive, inappropriate and unnecessary references to your products and websites is self promotion.
- Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated.
- Neither coarse/insulting language nor "SMS" or slang language will be tolerated.
Only well-syntaxed and orthographically acceptable sentences will be tolerated.
- This is not the place to complain or settle any disagreement about Sweet Cocktails. Any posts deemed to be of this nature will be removed.
- If you feel a post violates any of these rules, or you need to bring it to the attention of a moderator (move threads/close), please use the "report this post" button to notify the moderators of Sweet Cocktails.
Topics & Posts
- Keep all posts on-topic. This forum is centered on Cocktails, bartending skills & methods and accessories.
- All posts must be written in English or French.
- Do not discuss illegal activities. Our server is hosted in France and so is subject to french law. Please do not expose us to any unnecessary legal liability.
- Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
- Make sure you have read the parent article/post completely before posting a reply.
- Use your own words. If you wish to use the words of somebody else, quote them, citing the source. Plagiarism is unethical and is illegal in many countries.
- Choose an appropriate subject line. Try to summarise your request, and elaborate in the message itself. Repeat the subject in the body if it will make things clearer. Do not use all caps and do not add false information just to get attention (e.g. ;read this or you will be arrested;). An example of a bad subject would be "HELP ME". Do not use a URL as a thread title.
- Include as much information as you can when seeking help. Nobody will be able to help you if you don't give sufficient detail.
- Prepare your question. Think it through and ask questions The Smart Way, like explain in the How To Ask Questions The Smart Way article by Eric Raymond.
- No useless posts. This includes: Thread bumping, useless one liners, Flamewars, Trolling and Spamming. What is spamming? Read this.
- Thank those who help you. Acknowledgment of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer.
- Do not link to any site, especially sites that contains adult content, sexually oriented material or might otherwise be considered offensive. Any post containing an inappropriate link will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning.
- Do not propose/link to any site that contains warez/copyrighted software/materials that can be downloaded illegally.
- No affiliate links to be posted, anywhere on our forum.
- Only exact URLs allowed ie not: LOOK HERE - No tinyurls, affiliate links etc either, only exact, literal URLs.
- May NOT contain any images.
- May not contain any pricing, sales, product etc. details.
- May include one clickable link; URL or mailto.
- May not contain links to other threads or posts for the purpose of self promotion.
- Your signature is yours. It is not for sale or rent.
- Any signature or avatar that is offensive or insulting to either us, our members, or the staff of Sweet Cocktails, are prohibited.
- We reserve the right to ask you to change and/or remove your signature or avatar at any time, for any reason.
Failure to abide by these rules on Sweet Cocktails may result in an editing, negative moderation or deletion of your post.
We reserve the right to ban abusers from Sweet Cocktails.
We reserve the right to change these rules at any time.